1. Social Media News-
- LinkedIn has introduced the ability to follow Thought Leaders– Thought Leaders can now publish articles on LinkedIn and users can choose to follow content from their favorite authors.
- LinkedIn has redesigned LinkedIn Company Pages with select companies to make it easier for you to find, follow, and engage with companies you’re interested in.
- Facebook Gifts Roll Out– This new feature allows you to ‘give real gifts to your friends on Facebook using gifts”. Facebook Gifts are gradually rolling out in US.
- Twitter Partners With Nielsen to Offer Twitter Surveys– Through a new collaboration with Nielsen, Twitter has announced new tool for advertising partners, brand impact measurement for Twitter.
2. Social Media Webinars
Last Week’s Webinars
- What does an influencer really look like? How to measure Online Influence that makes a difference
- The Value of Content on Today’s Web: Does Social Media Provide Paths to Monetizing Contents?
- The New Visual Web: Pinterest and Image-Driven Social Selling, 9th October
- Who Owns the Customer, and Who Should? A Conversation With Paul Greenberg, 16th October
3. Social Media Events-
Last Week Events
- Innovation Days 2012- Paris
- Five Ways That Marketing Can Unleash Your Sales Force: Smart Moves for a Profitable 2013 Webinar,
- Email Marketing New York Training
- Visual Social Media Leadership Forum
- BOLO 2012, 7TH October
- Chicago Social & Mobile Financial Services Leadership Forum , 9th October
- 2012 MIMA Summit, 10th October
- Social Media for Public Administration and Institutions, 15th October- 16th October
4. Social Media Articles-
- KitchenAid learned a big lesson on irresponsible tweet
- Social Media Monitoring Across Industries [Infographic]
- Why do customers use Social Networks for Customer Service?
5. Social Media Case Study
- Case Study: How Baskin Robbins Indonesia has created a 3000+ strong community that led to increase in footfall to their stores by running a Photo Contest Campaign.
6. Social Media Tools
- Hoop.la: a powerful, turnkey social community service offering a feature-rich blog, forums, chat events, private messages and calendar, as well as support for photo, video and audio uploads.
- Socialomate: Send direct messages to multiple followers at once.
- My Social Promo: a tool for small businesses to tap into the social networks and drive new business via word-of-mouth sharing.
Watch the video here
- Placed: a location analytics tool leveraging mobile devices to help you understand your customers better.
If you think we have missed out anything worth mentioning here then do help us in making this list more informative by leaving your comments below in the box.
Stay tuned to get weekly updates on social media 🙂