We have always tried to come up with something new to show you all how social media is expanding in all over the world. This time we have come up with the list of top 20 social media experts in UK.
We have prepared the list of these experts based on their participation (as Speaker) in various big events, twitter followers, and their years of expertise. Here we go with our list one by one-
- Chris Hambly- CEO- Audana Ltd– Chris Hambly is an experienced educational technologist, and a successful internet entrepreneur who as CEO of his digital agency chooses to work with dynamic clients helping them to unlock potential. Follow @audio
2. Jamie Riddell – One of the most experienced and innovative digital media strategists in the UK. Jamie set up Digital Media Divisions for London Agencies, the Media Business (now Mediacom), EHS and Grey Interactive. A constant digital innovator, Jamie was always at the forefront of trying new technologies, sites or gadgets to ensure his experience is always at the cutting edge. Follow @jamieriddell
3. Joanne Jacobs– Social Media Consultant- She is an expert in social networking technologies and has been Director of a production house for social networking platforms; Hailing from Australia, Joanne has provided advice to large firms on how to generate benefits from emerging technologies. Follow @joannejacobs
4. Ged Carroll – He is director – digital strategies at Ruder Finn working with the agencies clients in the technology, pharmaceutical, regulatory and consumer sectors. Ged has 14 years consumer, media and technology marketing communications experience. His clients experience includes Motorola, The UN, Palm and Sony. Follow @r_c
5. Tim Callington– Tim is a communications consultant for Edelman Public Relations, specializing in digital and social media. He cut his PR teeth in the technology industry and had his first taste of social media and digital communication in the heady days of dotcom boom and bust. He ha advised clients including Microsoft, Novo Nordisk, HP, English Heritage, Orange, BDO, Mars and InBey on their communications strategies in the UK and across Europe.
6. Katy Howell – Managing Director, immediate future with over 20 year’s industry experience, Katy is renowned for her insight and knowledge of online PR and social media. She is an active member of the social media council at the Internet Advertising Bureau and is invited to speak at many conferences including Marketing Week, CIM and CIPR. Her major clients are Sony Europe, BT, Diageo, PSP, NSPCC etc. Follow @katyhowell
7. Andrew Gerrard– He is a social and digital media strategy consultant, helping organizations to understand and engage in the conversations that their users and customers are having, and how to convert them into mutually profitable long-term relationships. Andrew is a founder member, and former Director, of the IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau), with whom he maintains an active relationship. Follow @andrewgerrard
8. Alan Stevens-Director- MediaCoach – Alan is a PR expert, author and journalist, and has been both a TV presenter and expert interview. He has notched up over 2,000 radio and TV interviews, so is uniquely placed to give insights about the media, and how organizations can improve their image. His clients list includes; Virgin, BP, the Dorchester, Glaxo, Macmillan, The Savoy, Barclays and BMW. Follow @mediacoach
9. David Parfect-Agency Sales Group Head- Facebook- He is responsible for growing Facebook’s revenue & educating the market via UK media agencies. David comes from a media agency background and has worked at full service media agencies in the US & UK. He has specialized in pay per click at both The Search Works and 24/7 Real Media.
10. David Cushman – He is an evangelist for (and author of) The Power of the Network. His blog FasterFuture.blogspot.com is ranked in the world’s top 5k by Technorati. He has 20+ years experience in media, advertising, marketing and organizational change and is regularly invited to speak around the world on the impact of social technologies. Follow @davidcushman
12. Stuart Bruce– With 20+ years of Public Relations experience, consultancy and in-house, Stuart Bruce is the founder and MD of Wolfstar. Wolfstar is the UK’s first and largest specialist public relations, social media and word of mouth marketing and communications consultancy. He comes under UK’s top 1% most influential PR people. Follow @stuartbruce
13. Pascale Perry– She is Head of Marketing at Arena Flowers, one of the UK’s biggest online Flower and Gift delivery services. Arena Flowers is particularly in social media and recently won a Smarta100 award for using innovative marketing techniques and social media apps to target new audiences. She worked at JamieOliver.com in search marketing and social media before joining Arena Flowers. Follow @ArenaFlowers
14. Jon Bishop– John Bishop (joinin60seconds) used to be Community Strategist at Gumtree, he has now moved on to be the Head of Social Media at PayPalUK having followed in Heather Taylor’s footsteps.
15. Clare Hudson– She is the founder and Managing Director of In4mers.com and Hudson PR. At Hudson PR, Clare leads is a fast-growing Entertainment agency which sets itself apart from competitors to offer a truly unique, personalized and outstanding service. With expertise in all forms of media, Hudson PR has secured major clients including Samsonite, Universal, Ministry of Sound and EMI.
16. Dr. Mariann Hardey – Mariann is Associate Director to the Centre for Communication, and lecturer in Social Media Marketing at the University of Durham. Recently she presented at O’Reilly’s first Ignite event in Newcastle: Facebook the Fear of Losing Attention. Mariann’s academic quality springs partly from her role at Durham, her advantage as BBC North East commentator on social media, and her Facebook-era belief that social networks provide a minimal idealism for interaction.
17. Sue Beckingham – She is an educational developer with a research interest in the use of social media in higher education. An advocate of the use of Personal Learning Networks for ‘Alternative Professional Development’.
18. Stewart Townsend– He manages and drives the Start up Essentials programme, across the UK, Ireland and Europe. He is responsible for driving Sun into the vibrant start up and SMB community, aiding and supporting young companies to get off the ground rapidly at lower cost. He is currently working on social media and is on numerous advisory panels and boards helping to align branding, marketing and channel strategy for small business. Follow @stewarttownsend
19. Mitzi Szereto – She is an Author, blogger and web TV entrepreneur writes across the genres and creates and presents “Mitzi TV”, which covers the quirkier side of London. An active personality in social media, she’s has been dubbed “The Queen of Facebook” and has been mentioned in the Guardian for her use of the social networking site. Follow @mitziszereto
20. Charlie Osmond– Charlie is a co-founder of Fresh Networks, a social media agency. Fresh Networks is a Europe’s leading provider of online community software and services, helping brands engage with customers to drive advocacy and increase sales. In 2008 Fresh Networks won the HBOS/Sunday Times $5M London Entrepreneur challenge.
If you think we have missed out any of the names worth mentioning here, do let us know by leaving your comments in the box below!
(*Sources –http://socialmediainbusiness.co.uk/social-media-experts, http://socialglue.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/uks-top-female-guru-speaker-2009/, http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/, https://www.facebook.com/SocialMediaClub)